Saturday, May 12, 2012

Protein Smoothie

As I sat down to enjoy my post-run protein smoothie today, I remembered that my brother has been imploring me to post recipes for this very same shake. So Bryce, here you go!

For those of you in search of a more tradition fruit smoothie, simply cut out the beans, powders, and oatmeal, and you have a delicious fresh fruit shake. 

Ingredients
1 banana
1 handful of strawberries
1 mango, sliced
1/2 cup white beans (great northern or cannellini)
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup water (depending on desired consistency)
1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
2 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 scoop pea protein (I use Olympian Labs)
3 tbsp hemp protein
1 tsp glutamine powder
3-5 ice cubes

Directions
1. Blend fruits and milk in blender
2. Slowly add remaining ingredients
3. If consistency becomes too thick, slowly add more water

Note the color: I didn't use hemp protein, so it's much lighter than normal.



This is a great recovery shake after any hard workout or long run. It's packed with calories, protein, and nutrients. It's basically a meal replacer, so I will have one of these after the gym around 730 or 8pm and that will be my dinner.

Approximate Nutritional Facts
Calories: 780
Total Fat: 16g
Protein: 61.5g
Dietary Fiber: 23.5g




No comments:

Post a Comment