It's not often I get undeniable cravings, but when I do it's almost always for chocolate. Who can say they've never been thinking about dinner only to have their mind leapfrog the entree and skip right to dessert?
Last week, this overbearing demand for chocolate led me to throw together a batch of chocolate chocolate chip muffins with a huge helping of cinnamon dumped in. I ate these muffins all week for breakfast (delicious way to start the day, right?), and my craving couldn't have been more satisfied. Try these out and see what you think.
2 cups buckwheat
2 cups oatmeal
4 tbsp cacao or cocoa
1 tbsp cinnamon (+ 2 tsp if you really love cinnamon)
2 tsp baking powder
¼ cup sugar
2 cups almond milk (warmed above room temperature)
1 cup water
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup agave
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. Add the milk, coconut oil, agave nectar and water. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour batter into greased muffin pans.
5. Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until muffins are cooked thoroughly
6. Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes.